Monday 26 December 2016

Stories on The Pillars and Walls

Rock carvings seen as you enter Hampi
Narasimha
A dancer
A god
Through my time spent exploring Hampi, in almost every place I went, I saw different kinds of carvings. They were of curvy men and women, with large headgears, or of creatures who seemed part animal and part human like, of what could have been Gods and Goddesses’ and symbols and shapes that I could not decipher. There were places where there were relics of dancing and singing people, and animals and other interesting carvings.

One of the most common carvings I saw in Hampi was the structure of that of Narasimha, one of the ten avatars of God Vishnu, who is worshiped throughout India.

These carvings, made me deeply wonder about the history and the stories that could have been attached to these stone structures on these ancient walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment